Thursday, February 17, 2005

Beginning of Training

Today a deal was struck between my self and Quantum Performance (C.J. Ong Jr.) to do my Ironman Training. While I've known they were going to do this for some time now (we've done heart rate testing, talked about strategies, ect, ect), it's good to feel concrete about it.

I'm excited because it will give me some direction in training. Now I don't feel like I'm embarking on this journey alone and stupid. My goal is not to over dramatize the idea of doing an Ironman, but in all honesty, it may be one of the hardest things I've ever done and I'm not taking that fact lightly. You get one shot that day to do it. You can't get 5 hours in and realize your not going to make it, pack it up and sign up for the next race a month later. The boom of triathlon has caused the choice to do an Ironman one that must be made a year in advance.

C.J. and I are working to partner up with Physiotherapy Associates to get me enrolled in their Peak Performance Program (P3). The program is designed to help athletes keep in touch with their bodies in order to keep them healthier and performing. The therapists and trainers in the program work with you to find muscular imbalances, poor technique, and areas of wasted energy, all in order to get you to the finish line healthier and faster. So I'm crossing my fingers hoping something can be worked out.

In the mean time, I'm resting up and preparing to start running again next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home